St John's stained glass windows

Show More

SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK:

  • Wix Facebook page
St Paul and St Michael

The window in the southwest corner of the Church is divided into two panels. The left panel illustrates St Paul, and the right panel shows St Michael. This window was installed in 1936. It has the inscription R.F.C. (Royal Flying Corps) at the top, with the motto: “Per Ardua ad Astra” and was installed in memory of Lieutenant Charles Bruce Campbell, 1890-1917, the son of Frederick and Christina Campbell. Charles was shot down in Cambrai, France, during the Great War.